Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Upturn

Honestly, I started my post-exam holidays with ZERO enthusiasm. I expected nothing of it, and surely enough, the beginning lived up to the expectations. But magic happened when my parents began to worry that I was turning into some socially-retarded freak. They started going out of their ways to send me out and make me plan activities and all. That I finally did. Not so much planning, though. But I eased up a little about the idea of dragging myself out of home. And things turned out amazing.
An awesome sleepover with a group of old friends made the entire holiday-time worth it. And then, believe it or not, there were EVEN better days.
But, I'm not going to say that I got nothing out of locking myself up at home for the first five days. I got to read this amazing book that moved me in ways unimaginable. If I were to describe the book in one word, I'd go for "poignant". It broke my heart, honestly. But it made me realize my field of passion. And, right after I finished the book, I woke up the next morning KNOWING that my main SAT II subject was definitely going to be Biology. I even ended up researching chronic illnesses, out of interest and also need, but I'm telling you that these were not even in the syllabus. When I very briefly summarized the plot of the book to my mom, it brought her to tears. I guess that's just how powerful it was. My Sister's Keeper.
When ("if") I go to school next week, I'll be proud of the past two weeks. I truly will. And I'll feel really good about this time.

2 comments: