Sunday, January 5, 2014

Polarity

I had this post in mind once before, but, back then I was in too good a mood to write it down. Now, here I go.
Years ago, I had once told a friend that things are always in the extremes. You need to make a choice between two options. Each has its flaws; you just need to select the one that has less. It gets hard at times, carrying around this mental weighing balance all the time.
Once again, I am reminded that it is, in fact, very true. You can have this or that. Black or white. Heatwaves or blizzards. Why is there no intermediate? I KNOW that nothing, nobody, will be a perfect balance. Everything and everyone WILL tend to lean more towards one side than the other. But why must things be so much in the extreme? Too much this or too much that? Why is there nothing in the middle? And, if there IS, then why can I not see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment