Friday, April 6, 2012

Friend in Need

~ And then there are those people towards whom you will be eternally grateful though things have changed and you had to part ways... Still, could you ever forget those special sparks of luminescence that illuminated your life when you most needed it, even if it was only for a while?


Remember the December days
When you and I were in a maze,
Trying to figure out a way
From all that we were going through?
And we would laugh until we cried
While you taught me never to give up a fight,
And we'd never run out of crazy things to do
When it was just me and you.

But nothing does remain, not even the pain
I'll be on my own again, but it's okay...

Through the best and worst of times,
You and I had never failed to smile;
And even if today you walk away,
I shall not ask you to stay.
When the times comes for us to part,
I hope you'll follow the right star;
And I'll love you for all that you were
And all that you had let me be,
When I was just a friend in need.

The cool breeze tickles my skin again,
I bid farewell to the warmth and rain;
It reminds me of how it had all begun,
Born in the frost, died under the sun.
Spring had made sense in between,
But who'd known what summer had within?
The dust you kicked down as you climbed the steps -
Blocked and buried me in its depths.

'Cause nothing does remain, not even the pain
I'm on my own again, but it's okay...

I spread the wings that you'd lent me -
The ones that finally set me free;
Before you turned away like an uncertain swallow,
Only this time you did not expect me to follow.
Now that it's time for us to part,
I hope you're following the right star;
And I love you for all that you were
And all that you had let me be,
When I was just a friend in need.

And if there's a fork stuck in your path,
I hope you choose the correct track;
But if you ever come back to claim your lost and found,
Just know that I shall not be around.

'Cause nothing did remain, maybe just the pain
I was on my own again, but it's okay,
I'm okay...
Better than ever before, even though you've walked away...

So it's been a while since we did part,
I hope you followed the right star;
Yes, I still love you for all that you were
And all that you had let me be,
But this time I'm not the friend in need.



No comments:

Post a Comment